Friday, February 18, 2011

We Got Mail!

One of my all time favorite things to do as a kid was to check the mail. I remember my sister and I actually fighting over who got to check it. I grew up in small-town Arkansas in the 80's. We did not have email, FaceBook, or cool phones. So, the simple things amused us. Now that I am an adult with responsibilities, checking the mail often means bills and junk mail.

However, lately we have received some fun packages.

WE GOT MAIL: The first package we received was from my Uncle and grandmother. They sent Avery a cute little Valentine's Day outfit. The outfit said "Baby's 1st Valentines." She wore it ALL day! That is a big deal around our house these days.













WE GOT MAIL: The second package we received was from my mom and dad. Mimi and Pappy sent Avery a sweet little book. We read it as soon as we opened the package.













WE GOT MAIL: The third package we received was from my 1st grade class. The super creative room moms (You know who you are!) had the kiddos make me a Valentine. Then, they complied them and put them together in a heart-shaped book. What a surprise it was and such a sweet keepsake from this school year. On each valentine was a child's picture and his/her message. LOVE.




No comments:

Post a Comment