Sunday, February 20, 2011

2 Months and Growing

On Friday Avery turned two months old! We celebrated by visiting the doctor for her two month well visit. She was such a good little patient. She smiled and looked around almost the whole time. Our little peanut is growing. Here were her stats from the visit.
Weight: 8 lbs. 9 oz.
Height: 21.13 in.













Avery has reached several milestones this month!

She seems to smile all the time (especially in the morning). I think she is going to be a morning person (like her mom).

She has most definitely found her voice. She loves to "talk" and squeal to us and to her animals. I wonder when she will figure out that the animals don't talk back?! One day last week she even let out a little giggle when we were playing "Pat-a-Cake."

She is great at following Matt and I as we move around the room (when we are close to her of course).

She is beginning to enjoy tummy time a little bit more.

Avery has also impressed us with her strength! She can put all her weight (all 8.9 pounds) on her legs when we hold her upright! I have learned her secret to that strong core she has got and will share it with you. She rides the bike multiple times a day. This would be a great place to insert a video of her pumping her legs as though she is riding a bike! Ha!

I am excited about spending this next three weeks with Avery at home until I return to work. I am going to make sure that I tell those keeping her not to tell me if she has a "first." I at least want to think that Matt or I was the first to see her accomplishments.

3 comments:

  1. She is just getting too big! I will not even know her when I see her! See you need to live closer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and such a tiny little thing! Riley was 12lbs 5 oz at his 2 month! So glad you guys are enjoying her and all those wonderful milestones...such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little girl! Praying these next three weeks together will be extra-wonderful!

    ReplyDelete