Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Post-Pregnancy Plan - Part 2

This week I am slowly making progress toward my goal of getting back in shape. I decided to officially start the Couch to 10K program this week and have already completed Week 1, Sessions 1 and 2. Yeah me! Last week was just practice. Today Avery decided to wake me up at 5:30 a.m. So, I fed her and then headed out to the WCRC (Williamson County Rec Center). I have lots of energy today regardless of the interrupted sleep last night.

I have decided that I REALLY like to work out. I loved it when I worked at LifeWay because I had lots of accountability. At least three days a week, I would go to a sculpting class with two other ladies on my lunch break. At that point, I saw it as an opportunity to get out of the office for a little while. (I didn't have windows in my office, so I needed fresh air and sunshine.) I would go to classes after work. I would go on the weekends. You could say that I was somewhat addicted to exercise. (Not in an unhealthy way I might add. I just really enjoyed it.) Today it is about getting back in shape, being healthy, and feeling good about myself.

The second step of my post pregnancy plan is to eat more healthy foods. So, I have joined E-mealz. E-mealz is a meal-planning resource that I have used before. However, now they have the New Weight Watchers Point System meals that will help me achieve my goal. (Thank you Shanna for reminding me of this great resource.) Basically you pay $15 for a 3-month subscription. This is a cheap, time-saving way to feed your family. With your subscription, you have access to a weekly menu based on grocery store sales. They even give you a grocery list! As I have been mentally preparing to go back to work, this just seemed like a perfect fit. I will not only save time and money, but Matt and I will eat healthier meals! It is a win-win situation. If you think you might want to try this go to the Web site, download a sample menu, and try a few of the recipes.

That my friends is the post-pregnancy "get back in shape" plan. It is simple, but I know if I stick with it the results will be SO worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I just finished the first workout of week 2. I don't always feel great running but I feel great when I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete