Sunday, November 18, 2012

23 Months

Well, we are just one month away from having a two-year-old! Avery is growing each day. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with her. It seems as though daily, Matt and I are just amazed at something she says or does. We have had a busy month with fun fall activities.


We spent a Saturday afternoon at the Walden Farm pumpkin patch where Avery enjoyed petting and feeding the sheep, goats, chickens, and so forth. She loves animals. Sometimes she is a little aprehensive about getting too close. But as long as her daddy was right there with her, she was having fun.



She loves to climb, and flip, and jump. She is a very active little girl, as I am sure most toddlers are. She always requests to do flips with her daddy. She pretty much has no fear of falling.



Avery is checking out the BIG orange pumpkins. We have been working a little bit on colors lately. She makes me laugh every time because she automatically says green and purple when I ask her what color something is. 



Avery was such a DOLL in her Halloween costume this year. She really was a good sport about wearing it. Do you see the apple she has in her mouth? I have to say that unlike her parents, she chose the apple over the candy that she got. Way to go Avery! 



Avery loves to paint and do things herself. She continues to be very independent. We have fun occasionally making little pieces of art together.


Look at the picture we made of the Mayflower! 

Avery spoke her first full sentence just yesterday. We were putting up the Christmas tree and she said "I want it now." She was wanting to play with some of the Christmas decorations that were still stashed away in the plastic containers. She has lots to say these days and always seems to be talking or "practicing" by repeating words and phrases over and over and over. 

I am leaving you with this short little video. My mom sent Avery a book, and I just love the reaction she had when she opened it up!



1 comment:

  1. She is precious! Love the reaction on the video. See y'all in two days. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete