Saturday, December 11, 2010

Expecting Avery

I decided it was time to give an update on Avery's upcoming arrival. I have a feeling that she is going to be like me ... stubborn. At our last two appointments, Avery has been breech (head up). When you are 37 weeks pregnant, this is not ideal for delivery. I have been praying that she would begin doing some serious flips. But, the little one has apparently found a comfy spot and stayed there.

Matt and I have another appointment next Thursday. If she is still breech, we have a C-Section scheduled for Monday, December 20th. If she flips, we can cancel the C-Section.

For me, the planner, I really dislike the fact that Avery's birth is planned. It was the one time in my life that I have not wanted to plan it out. God really has a sense of humor! I also know that her being healthy is truly all that matters. We can't wait to meet her, whenever or however she comes.

2 comments:

  1. I am/was exactly the same way. I had to let go of the ideal birthing experience in my head and just let go. I ended up planning an unexpected arrival and had to realize that it didn't matter how they got here just that they did and were as healthy as possible. Terri Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Avery, it would be simplest for your mommy and daddy if you would flip! But if you don't want to, I'm sure they would love to meet you before Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete