Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby Merchandise: What Really is Necessary?

A few weeks ago my friend Caron J. let me borrow, what I believe, is a great book for expecting moms.



It is called Baby Bargains. It seems to be a great resource because it is full of information that expectant parents must know about products, their ratings, and their approximate cost. Although I have this great resource, I still value the advice of other moms regarding products for baby that you just couldn't live without. So, give me your input! I would love to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. A good carseat/carrier and stroller or get the travel system that has everything together. In those first few months Stratton lived in his carseat carrier. But don't go overboard on the carseat/carrier money wise, who knows you might have a giant baby like Stratton who only stayed in his 5 months. Then we had to move him up to a regular carseat because he was too long! And you need a good swing. We loved ours, it was the Brentwood swing from BRU. And I couldn't LIVE without a Sleep Sheep-but don't worry me or Jen will get you that!! Other than that all you need is some (or a lot) of diapers, wipes and bottles and your good to go!! At least for a few weeks. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A swing or bouncy seat is a must. They are so soothing and will allow you to put the baby down for a while. We have a pack n play but didn't use it as much as we thought we would. And I agree with not spending too much on a "travel" system. I LOVED it when Will was in his carseat but once we just wanted to use it for the stroller it was huge and cumbersome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the bouncy seat and a baby gym are the best for entertainment. And you can carry them with you easy--most just fold up and go!! Plus, a lot of babies will just go to sleep on either one when they get tired!! Also, a baby backpack was really useful to me. I could use it when I grocery shopped or went anywhere really, even long before the baby could sit up in a cart. Mine would always fall asleep in this too. But, this is better than the sling because it is balanced on both shoulders and doesn't kill you on one side.

    ReplyDelete