Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Avery: 20 months

A little over a week ago, Avery turned 20 months old. Seriously, time is flying by. Every month I am amazed at how much she seems to "grow up." This past month she started trying to put on her own clothes. At any moment in the day, she will go to her drawer and pull out ALL of her shorts and shirts. Then, she will try them on. One day she did get her shirt on right all by herself the right way. 


I decided one night that I would let Avery help us make a pizza. Here she is "helping" her dad put on the spinach. She is such a good little helper.


When we went to Northwest Arkansas to visit her Bibi and Pop, we went to a splash park in Bentonville. She wasn't a huge fan at all. However, she did enjoy sitting on Bibi and Pop's deck and listening to the birds say "tu tweet." 


Avery got some really great hand-me-down toys from her cousin Kylie. One of her favorites is the baby doll and baby bed. Every night Avery likes to put the doll in the bed, cover its face with the blanket, and say "shhhhhhh" while she rocks the baby to sleep. She gives the baby kisses and then is usually ready for bed herself. I guess I need to teach her that putting a blanket over the baby's face could hurt the baby. Ha! She also loves this little DOLL swing. Don't you just love her expression in this picture?


Avery loves to help me do laundry too. I get a good arm workout by lifting her up as she puts each piece of clothing into the washer. It does take longer, but she just loves to help me do chores. When we are done, she insists on carrying this basket back to its "home" all by herself. 


It is such a blessing to be home with her these days. We go to the park a lot, have been to the zoo, hang out with friends, go to story time at the library, play, and run errands. Even though I love a schedule and to-do list, this more relaxed schedule just fits our family right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment