Sunday, December 16, 2012

Celebrating Avery

This weekend we celebrated Avery's 2nd birthday. We decided to have a small family-only party this year just to keep things simple and cheap. However, living far from family and the fact that Avery's birthday is close to Christmas prevented many of our family from being able to celebrate with us. We are thankful for those that were able to come.

Avery had such a fun time! She loved that her cousins' Nathan and Nolan got to come.


I always said that I would NEVER make a birthday cake, but that I would buy one instead. Well, I decided that I would try a very simple monkey cake that I found on Martha Stewart's website. My mom, who ALWAYS made us birthday cakes, was there to help out. Although one ear was a little bigger than the other, it turned out pretty cute. Avery loved her monkey cake too. It was worth the trouble to see her little face light up.



Avery loved all of her presents. The poor girl was due for some new toys. Having a birthday in December doesn't really work in her favor. She has pretty much been playing with the same toys she got last year at this time. If you have a little girl who likes babies, let me suggest "Baby Stella." She has barely put the doll down since she opened it. It has a magnetic paci, removable clothes and diapers, and is light and easy for little arms to hold. I picked it up at Brilliant Sky in Cool Springs.

Matt and I couldn't be more thankful for the sweet little girl God put in our lives. We can't imagine the last two years without her.


I am sure we will do a little more celebrating on Tuesday, her actual birthday. Maybe I will catch her on video saying that she is almost 2. It is too cute not to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment