Friday, May 20, 2011

Our Little 5-month-old

This past Wednesday, Avery turned 5 months old. I cannot believe that she is growing up so fast.


















So, what has she been up to lately? Well, here is a little update:

Every time I change her clothes, Avery helps me out by lifting up her head so that it is easier to get the clothing out from under her. I love it! It is the funniest thing.

She also tries really hard to sit up when she is in the swing, the bath tub, and laying on her play mat.

She found her feet this month and can't seem to get enough.













Today, she reached out for a doll. Then, she gave it a little hug! It was the sweetest.

Just this past weekend we put her in her high chair for the very first time. She really seems to like it.


















We also fed her rice cereal for the first time. As you can see in the picture, Avery wanted control of the spoon. She sure did have a tight grip on it!













I am SO excited to spend the summer with her! Avery is not the easiest baby, but she is certainly not lacking in personality! After this week I will take lots of pictures and maybe even some video! I have been told that babies are even more fun in the coming months. I am SO thankful that I get to spend a few months with her!

3 comments:

  1. This is so great! She is a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your summer with her. She is so beautiful. I can't wait to see her this weekend! I think she has Matt's eyes. And he loved to hold the spoon. He fed himself really early. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have lots of fun with your baby girl this summer! She is adorable! Abigail was also "not the easiest baby," but with plenty of personality! Now she's almost two (!), and it's just amazing to watch her growing up right before our eyes. Every stage has brought new challenges, but also new joys and sweet moments and fun stories and new mercies from God.

    ReplyDelete